Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Home SaWEET... Home!

What an incredible weekend I had at Creative University - Create U 2011. What an amazing adventure of memories that I'm blessed to treasure...
I would love to spend time writing a total and complete recap but as my cherished mentor Tresa Black says; "secrets are hard" though my response is "Secrets are fun".  It is going to be a treat to share this experience in segments since I'm only just beginning to get all of my photos uploaded and unpacked from these last 6 days. I want to start of with our CU 2011 Class photo compliments of Chrissy Dunham and a couple of photo shots of the gorgeous scenery that embraced us all. 
What an Incredible Group of Ladies to share such an experience with I tell you with the deepest of gratitude for everyone's contribution to this event.  Tresa puts in so many months, hours, time, and I don't know how in the world she does it!  What I do know is that I cherish every coming year just to be here with these ladies.
So last year in 2010 I took a stunning photo in this exact same spot.  Each day this year I went to that particular spot just to see what they would look like without any editing or anything as the photos I will post are raw un-touched or modified. The scenery is not the same of course because Mother Nature has in store a different experience for us all.  Just as breathtaking is the embraceable surroundings. 
So this is the jewelry I was able to create, swap, gifted, and I'm in LOVE with the nesting rings that Wendy created for me. Very touching in deed!  She is sooo talented I could cry.  There are little pieces in all of these pieces that are such treasures I just couldn't live without a single one of them.  Each has a personal touch from one of our CU students that were created with a touch of heART.  Even the gorgeous flower Tresa created for the helpers and Instructors are amazing. (I will have to take a close-up for another post of my adventure)
 This is the part that I can't get enough of CU!  The Logo wear, the roomie gifts, gifts from Friends I only get to see once a year, swaps from other amazingly talented women, Classes I get to create from (which were absolutely amazing!), and sooo much more...PRECIOUS MEMORIES to share.  
Ohh....Three more that I just can't help but share....
Yes!!! That's me covered in Ribbon...I couldn't help myself because this lovely endearing CU Sista Christina helped me in my ribbon dilemma with her HUMONGOUS (yes that is my word, lol) ribbon box to finish off my altered clipboard project (you can see Denise hard at work on the paper flowers behind us. 
I can not take credit for the ribbon placements or the creation of the adorable piece after it was finished as Christina added her touch and with a Crop-A-Dile no less (It does cut through the clipboard like "Butta" she says; just randomly punched holes at the top with ribbon combinations, double knotted & of course I will have a piece of her creative touch with me always.  You can see the end result below...isn't it GORGEOUS!? 
So this ends today's post about CU 2011.  These are just a couple of the reasons why I go and mark it on my calendar every year.  I don't even have a fraction of what I received this year in these photos.  I can't wait to take some individually.  I will be writing about the impact of what CU does for me personally and why it is such an intricate part of my annual schedule on my next post, till then Thank You for Stamping by. 

1 comment:

Dawn Felgar said...

So much fun!! Love the photos... and I look forward to more! :) So nice to meet you at CU! See you at CU12!